If you would like to learn what the current market value of your purse is, here is what I suggest you can do:
USE EBAY AS A LEARNING TOOL OF CURRENT MARKET VALUE
I’m sharing with you an easy way of learning current value for any sort of item --not just Beaded Purses.
1. Go to ebay, and see the Search window – at the end of the window, see a tab button, “Advanced”. Click on that.
2. Type in “Vintage, Antique Beaded Purse” into the Advanced Search window.
3. Look and scroll below, to the further search choices, “Completed Auctions” and click on that.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see the choice, “Sort by”
5. Click on “Highest Prices First” -- this is the fast way to find what items have sold--or not sold--and what prices may have been paid, recently, from highest price to lowest price, saving your time looking through dozens of un-sold items chronologically by date, and of varying values. This will show the ‘current market’ value, as of the past two weeks--which is only as far back as ebay will provide sales info. You will find purses (or other categories of items) similar to yours, and see what prices have been paid for that similar item. This way, you can gage the value of your item, in a retail market.
There are collectors checking ebay every day to find what they are looking for. Only the BEST and RAREST purses ever reach a good price. The common, more ordinary items rarely even sell. This is true in flea markets and antique shows as well. Everyone wants ‘the good stuff’.
Understand, that if you want to sell to a collector, you may get retail value, (finding THAT customer willing to pay it is the challenge!) If selling to a dealer, you will only realize wholesale price, however, you will sell it QUICKLY and be done with it. So if speedy income is desired, selling wholesale to a dealer is your best bet.
HOPEFULLY, THIS HAS BEEN HELPFUL ADVICE TO YOU…
Yours in time,
Somewhere in Time